It's Important to Tackle Stress
Don't let stress get the better of you!
We all are victims of stress at some point in our lives, some more frequent
than others. Modern life is full of hassles, deadlines, frustrations and
juggling demands. (Even in 1860 our Duncan Napier has a mixture for the
"stresses and strains of modern living"!) Unfortunately, for many people,
stress is so commonplace that it has become a way of life.
It's important to tackle stress as it can lead to all sorts of other health
problems. Digestive problems are often one of the first to be noticed.
Stress can come out in any of the following ways:
- Indigestion and an irritable bowel. Our stomachs weren't designed to have
adrenalin and other stress chemicals pumped into them regularly.
- Skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis flare up under stress.
- Sleep problems that create a vicious circle as we can't function well
for long with out getting a decent night's sleep.
People react to stress in different ways with different stress responses:
- Agitated or Angry: You’re heated, keyed up, overly emotional, and unable
to sit still. Your mind may be working overtime and you can't let go of
the things that are worrying you.
Herbs that may help include Valerian and Passion flower.
- Withdrawn or Depressed: You shut down, space out, and show very little
energy or emotion or enthusiasm about any thing. You act as if you don't
care about anything any more.
Herbs that may help include St John's Wort or blends of Oats and Passionflower.
- Or a Mixture of Both! You feel both tense and frozen. You freeze under
pressure and feel unable to do anything. You look paralysed, but under
the surface you’re extremely worried and wound up.
- You are stressed and chronically exhausted with fatigue.
Herbs that may help include Rhodiola root, contained in the licensed remedy,
- You are stressed and are going through the menopause
A combination of St John's Wort and Black Cohosh may help, with an additional
sage supplement if hot flushes are experienced. Sweet Dreams is useful
here if sleep is chronically interrupted.
Fortunately, there are natural ways to support you. Licensed herbal remedies
to support you and help you through a temporary crisis and at Napiers'
we've got 150 years of experience in helping you through to the other side.