What is Homeopathy
Homeopathy is a system of alternative medicine that has been in worldwide use for 200 years. It is a system that puts the patient at the centre of its own healthcare and by working with the body’s innate ability to heal itself can bring forth true health, by restoring the balance between Mental, Emotional and Physical bodies.
Homeopathy is based on the principle that “like cures like”. A substance that causes symptoms in an individual when taken in large doses, can be taken in smaller doses to treat similar conditions. This concept has been around for decades and is well documented in medical fields in biology and toxicology.
An example of the above principle, would be the de-sensitisation of allergic patients by administering to them small doses of pollen, or the use of the stimulant amphetamine-based Ritalin to treat Attention Deficit Hyperactivity disorder.
Today, 450 million people around the world use homeopathy as their principle from of medicine.
What can homeopathy do for you
Homeopathy can support you with conditions such as:
- Autoimmune conditions and long term chronic illness
- Emotional stress, Anxiety, Low self esteem, Depression, Fears, OCD and Phobias.
- Digestive problems such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Heartburn, Constipation etc.
- Skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, boils, acne, ulcers etc
- Allergies such as Hay Fever and Asthma
- Hormonal imbalances such as PCOS, PMT, Menopause, Infertility, Hypo or Hyperthyroidism, Prostate problems
- Autoimmune conditions
- Childhood illnesses such as common colds, recurrent Otitis, Chicken pox, Urine tract infections etc
Homeopathy can be used with children, babies, during pregnancy or breastfeeding and it can be used alongside conventional medication.
Homeopathy is a sustainable and environmentally friendly form of medicine and the production of homeopathic medicine created no toxic waste.